Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 6

I woke up this morning in New York intending to hit the city and look for some great photographic opportunities. Unfortunately, the nice hotel room, comfortable bed, and plethora of live NFL games in high definition was too much to overcome. The last few days were incredibly long and several thousand miles of flights had finally caught up to me. I spent the first half of the day in bed, eating some delicious NY pizza leftover from last night, and watching the Houston Texans run all over the Indianapolis Colts. It was a glorious morning / afternoon and feeling refreshed was planning to hit the streets.

Unfortunately, I hit the lobby and asked for direction to Rockefeller Center which has a wonderful observation desk overlooking the city. The concierge looked at me like I was nuts and you know it's cloudy and a downpour outside right now... I did not know that and decide it was a sign to go back upstairs and watch more football which I did. Later that night it stopped raining and started to clear so I decided to make a trek to the Top Of The Rock for some great night skyline views on New York City. It looked as a walked to the building and could see the observation deck which wasn't covered by clouds / fog which was my big concern. I got to the top and unfortunately it started to rain and the clouds came and went which severely limited visibly. Nonetheless I tried to shoot anyway and came away with a few decent shots.


The yellow in the center is the empire state building and the white on the left side is the Chrysler building.

After going back to my hotel and packing for an early flight, I decided to check out a 16th floor balcony / terrace on my hotel which overlooked Broadway & 77th street and toward the Hudson River. The sky had cleared slightly and it was just before dawn; I actually like these pictures quite a bit and reminds of an old axiom, “You can't put lipstick on a pig”. When the light is bad and conditions are not ideal, doesn't matter what kind of equipment you have, your skill level, or anything else. Photography is all about the light and when the light is good the pictures speak for themselves.









On to St. Lucia and hopefully better weather than I had in New York City. As always any questions / comments please post below or email me at chris@pricelessperspectives.com



No comments:

Post a Comment