Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 11

I was supposed to be waking up in the Texas Hill Country this morning but that didn't happen with the flight issues in NYC the night before. Waking up in my own bed wasn't a bad alternative although I would have liked to get more than 4 hours of sleep but those are the breaks. After getting home at 5 AM and sleeping for a few hours, I had to wake up at 9 AM for a business conference call. That went well and had a few items to take care off before heading to the Texas Hill Country.

I decided to do some slight repacking and shift suitcases to a roller bag that would be easier to drag through all the airport over the next couple of weeks. I actually weighed both my carry on bags and together they weighed less than 30 lbs. That floored me that everything I need for a month clothes, toiletries, electronics, camera gear, etc weighed that little and realized how little we actually need when traveling.

Early that afternoon, I caught a ride with my Dad to our place in the Texas Hill Country where I enjoyed a nice dinner with my family including my nephew and niece. The delicious home cooked meal including a couple of my favorite desserts was a great pick me up after traveling for a couple of weeks and went to bed early to catch up on sleep.

As always any questions / comments please post below or email me at chris@pricelessperspectives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment