Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 26

Today was a travel day for me as I headed back to the states from Aruba... Normally, I don't really like flying, dealing with security, bags, rental cars, etc. but over the past few weeks I've gotten used to it and it's not such a painful experience. Good to know as I look at future careers and I'd be open to a job that required some level of travel on a routine basis. After my last breakfast at Club Arias, I grabbed my suitcase and took off in the rental car to get some last minute pictures of the island.

I decided to head down to the Southern coast of Aruba where I head there were some very nice beaches and hopefully catch some good light for photography.



Lost Seaman Memorial to commerate the people killed in shipwrecks off the coast of Aruba. Aruba is a mecca for scuba divers who want to see ship wrecks since they all around the island but I never got a good explanation of why Aruba has some many shipwrecks.





One of the many beautiful beaches in Aruba... Another person on this Jet Blue who travels a lot said he thought Aruba had the best beaches in the Carribbean and I'd have to agree, they are fantastic with white sand, crystal clear water, and great mix of beaches with calm water and big waves depending on what you are looking for.

Quick reminder if you plan on traveling here, that Aruba is a very dry climate that gets less than 20 inches of rain a year and is outside of the hurricane belt. That can be a good thing meaning predictable weather that is dry and sunny almost all of the time. However, do not expect a lush tropical environment like Hawaii or other islands in the Carribbean. You are far more likely to see Cactus and and dry sand / rocks than a tropical wonderland full of colorful flowers, fruits, and other forms of life.

How often do you see Cactus like this so close to a beach?



After shooting some last pictures in Aruba I headed to the airport and worked my way through the international process. Interesting travel note, you go through American security and customs in Aruba which means you don't have to mess with it when getting back to the US. This is the first country I've seen like this and it's interesting but took forever to get to the gate. Jet Blue advised us to get to the airport three hours early and they were not kidding with all the steps before getting on the plane.

The flight back to New York City was smooth and after landing grabbed a shuttle to my hotel near JFK Airport where I crashed after a long day. Thanks for reading my blog and as always any questions /comments please post below or email me at chris@pricelessperspectives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment